Sterling Silver Vs Stainless Steel Necklace
Before you buy your necklace, read these.
This is all you need to know about a sterling silver vs stainless steal necklace.
They will certainly help you in your choice because I looked at them from different angles of view.
Let's get started:
- It looks very gentle and shiny. A beautiful silver necklace will fit any style.
- You can combine it with white gold. This is perfect if you want a layered look.
- It is available in different styles. Anyone can find the perfect silver necklace for their taste.
- Silver is a precious metal. If someday you want to sell it, it has a real value on the market.
- Silver is a soft metal. A thin chain can be broken or snagged if you are not careful with it. Avoid sleeping with your necklace. Also, put it on when you are already dressed.
- If you don’t wear it often,it will tarnish. But, this can be easily cleaned.
- A necklace made of stainless steel is highly durable. You don’t have to worry about damage.
- It won’t tarnish. Stainless steel won’t become dark. It is a good choice for the ones that don’t have time to care for their jewelry.
- Your necklace will look a bit dull. You would want to skip this one if it isn’t your style.
- Stainless steel is heavier than silver. Wearing a heavy necklace is not comfortable at all.
- It is a very tough material. This doesn’t leave any space for repairs and alterations.
- Stainless steel is not a precious metal. Therefore, it doesn’t have any real value.
Here's what I do.
When it comes to choosing between sterling silver vs stainless steal necklace, I'd go with what is it in the jewelry itself first.
I mean no matter how cheap or expensive the material is, I'd care about the meaning behind the style before the metal.
I even have keep both stainless steal and sterling silver necklaces with beautiful designs that I love very much.
But to be honest, I feel better to have my favorite designs in sterling silver and gold.
Let me know if you have any question in the comment section bellow.